Title: Commercial Buyer
Purpose of the Role:
You will be responsible for the purchasing of off the shelf components such as bearings, belts and motors and well as a range of services required by the business. Working closely with suppliers to ensure a good working relationship and sourcing new suppliers as needed. Ensuring materials and services are sourced at the best possible price & quality and ensuring goods are delivered on time allowing projects to remain on schedule to meet business needs.
Communicating regularly with planning, production and technical departments monitoring any issues that might affect the business.
You will strive to minimise costs whilst maintaining quality and establish modern supply chain techniques to meet the needs of the company’s Lean manufacturing environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Commercially aware of prices for parts and services
- A good understanding of MRP software for the purchasing process
- Action MRP demand for parts and services
- Carry out the RFQ process, analysing all quotes and terms and making supplier selection
- Negotiate terms and prices, using the standard AMP Automation Purchasing Conditions with suppliers as a basis
- Build relationships with current supply base whilst sourcing new suppliers. Visit and audit suppliers to assess suitability to supply
- Work closely with Suppliers and Technical departments to improve quality of parts and resolve non-conformance issues.
- With the use of KPI’s monitor and communicate supplier performance with regards to quality, delivery and price
- Arrange and manage long-term supplier agreements